Friday 28 May 2010

Claire's Body Art Crayons - A Fun Product To Try!

Hola All!

Last week I happened to go to the City Centre to do some shopping [for thats what we girls do best, right?] and went to Claire's to buy Nail paints. Over there I came across Body Art Crayons and feeling they maybe a fun product to try, I bought them with hope they would be a good base for eyeshadows and make the colour pop out! After using them I candidly admit I just love them!

Claire's offer a collection of 6 crayons that are safe to use on the face and body. They are similar to the NYX jumbo pencils which I haven't tried yet and so for comparison sake I cannot say how they match upto them. These wax based crayons are not smudge or waterproof so ensure that you have a good base such as UDPP underneath to avoid creasing. After applying them on a good base and finishing of with eyeshadow on it, they last around 3-4 hours after which they start to show a little creasing on the eye.

Claire's Body Crayons in Hot Pink, Orange, Yellow, Blue, Green and Purple.

In the pic below I'm wearing the green eyeshadow from Sleek Bohemian Palette, underneath the shadow I'm wearing the green crayon (and UDPP) as a base. You can see how much more vibrant the green shadow looks from using the green crayon underneath it. Just FYI, I'm also wearing the Sleek Kajal eyeliner in Odyssey on my lower lashline :)




By the way I've also tried them on my lips! They go very smooth without drying. The colour stays on for a longtime and after fading they leave a natural looking stain which can be wiped off with a good makeup remover.


Overall I would say its a good product to try if you are planning to have fun with your makeup! The Claire's Body Art Crayons are priced at £7 for a pack of six crayons weighing 3 grams each.

So have any of you tried the Claire's Body Art Crayons or a similar product from a different brand as an eye base or planning to try them? I would love to hear your opinion about them!

Digg It! Stumble Delicious Technorati Tweet It! Facebook

30 comments:

  1. love this look, so vibrant and intense, :)
    This is great!!!
    Hope we have it in France ;)
    Thx for sharing
    lots of love
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. the colors are so vibrant. definitely much more vibrant than nyx jumbo pencils

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun colors! the lip colors are so pretty!
    xx

    http://fallingformakeup.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow! I love the colours! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. The eye-look is gorgeous :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow so colorful :) gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you everyone!
    @Maki: Is it? I really wanted to try the NYX jumbo pencil in Milk. Its the white one & is known to work as a good eye base.

    ReplyDelete
  8. great idea! i am in love with that yellow vibrant shade.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I didn't even know Claire's has these. What a great idea. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW i love all the colors they are so bright.. and i really the look that u did

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm sure you had fun playing with these :)
    Yuvna

    ReplyDelete
  12. These look like so much fun!! The green looks amazing on you xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. My latest blog post has a present for you. :)

    .. And wow those pencils are awesome, so many tasks they do.

    makeuponmind.blogspot

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks everyone :))
    @Laura: Thanks for the award hun! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  15. Anonymous30/5/10

    oo what a great idea!
    I love the way they look on your lips :)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow these do look fun...very vibrant! Your lips are awesome girl

    ♥xx♥

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a fun product to play with. I like that it works on your lips too ^^

    ReplyDelete
  18. Enchantée TheBeautifier !

    I've just discovered your blog and i already LOVE it !!! good make up reviews and advices ;)...

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a fantastic discovery! It's always good to have a product that is multi-purpose. The eye look is so much fun with that pop of green. Very very beautiful, Sonali. :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. love all these colors-- great for summer. who knew you could get something like that at claires!

    ReplyDelete
  21. @Sugar: Thanks hun! It was really nice of you to say so :))
    @Witoxicity& Kissisters: thanks girlies! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  22. Anonymous12/9/10

    can these pencils be sharpened?

    ReplyDelete
  23. @Anonymous: yes, these can be :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. ummm is there any way push the pencil stuff up i just got a box of them and they arnt made of wood the tops are made of like paperish stuff and i just want to know how to sharpen/ push the crayon wax up

    ReplyDelete
  25. hey i just put some on my lips they taste and smell like cherry

    ReplyDelete
  26. @Camille: Hi! You can use a pencil sharpner to sharpen these crayons :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Anonymous26/12/10

    Wait, what do you mean sharpen them? I had them and used them down to the nub, is there something I can turn or flip to make more come out? If you catch my drift...like with some eyeliners, you spin the bottom and more comes out? Can you do that? :l

    ReplyDelete
  28. Anonymous26/12/10

    Push more wax out, that's the phrase I'm thinking of.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hello, I wonder one thing.
    I bought some. They give to sharpen? : s Please reply.

    NICE BLOG :D

    ReplyDelete
  30. @Nelma: Yes, these can be sharpened using a big pencil sharpner:)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails